How to find the right machine manufacturer
From purchase, to service, to after-market: The right choice.
We know how complicated and tedious it can be to find the right machine manufacturer. In addition to the actual investment, there are a large number of requirements that must be considered when purchasing your next milling machine, automation solution or lathe.
As POS GmbH & Co. KG, we are firmly at your side throughout the entire life cycle of our products. For example, you can use us to finance directly without a bank, receive detailed training and free telephone support.
If support is needed, our service team is on site and competent – at a price you won’t find anywhere else on the market.
This is why POS:
- Experienced service technician quality and fast telephone diagnosis.
65% of downtimes are solved on the phone free of charge and immediately.
- Almost all spare parts are available.
A spare parts stock of > 6.5 million euros ensures availability.
Here you go: Always ask for a look at the spare parts warehouse!
- Conservative product development ensures high technical availability.
- POS works hard on the specification, to use as much as possible identical components
with different machine types. This increases availability, quality and also the level of knowledge at the same time.
- The cheapest machine at POS already offers a positioning accuracy of 5µm according to DIN EN ISO 230.
Compared to well-known manufacturers, this results in up to 100% improved accuracy scenarios.
You will be able to deliver to your customers even under the toughest tolerance requirements.
- POS does not set to the last second in processing at the first moment.
Rather, it focuses on a process-safe feasibility even with extreme materials.
Even with the smallest machines, POS uses the same guiding strengths as with large machines.
Whatever order comes, you can get it done with a POS machine.
- Cast steel body.
On average, POS machines add approx. 30% more mass to the scale. As a result, vibrations are reduced and your tool life decreases and process reliability increases at the same time.
- In this way, we ensure that you can successfully process all orders.
- Future-proof: All POS machines are equipped from the outset in such a way that an extension
does not pose a problem for later automation solutions.
- If you have several POS machines, you can switch from machine A to machine B at short notice – because all are equipped the same way.
- This way, our service team always finds the same machines. The service experience increases and repair times decrease. Cost reduction and fast restart are guaranteed.
- In this way, POS machining centres experience more than 92% of German quality components in the value chain.
Important: Here, standard components are installed instead of components that are specially manufactured for the manufacturer, for which the manufacturer can dictate prices, and the customer needs to depend 100% on the whims of the manufacturer.
- POS components can be procured on the free market. This results in an honest and open calculation.
- POS always reaches to the “top” of the shelf for you. If there is a choice to choose a specific quality level within a component, then we do so.
Example: Even with the cheapest machine, the customer receives the high-end TNC 640 control.
Furthermore, the best glass scales by Heidenhain are used.
- The first machine already had the standard “air at the table” in order to integrate a zero-point clamping system at any time.
You can see how POS thinks from the start: The machine must be able to be adjusted your needs
at all times, and not vice versa. This is your safety in a non-transparent market!
- Standardized spare parts ensure long-term availability.
- Automation: A word that is indirectly already in the company name POS. Of course, all
POS machines have the necessary prerequisites to be integrated into an automatic process at any time.
- All 5-axis machining centres also have integrated collision protection in all axes.
This reduces the risk of collision and at the same time reduces operating costs.
- Competent, fast phone support: 65% of all downtime is solved in this way.
- There hasn’t been an answering machine since POS existed. This way, you can also reach us outside normal working hours. Also free of charge on weekends!
- POS has more than 25 in-house service technicians.
- In addition to our central warehouse, each service technician has a mobile warehouse to be able to react immediately on site.
- With 79 euros per hour, we are the industry’s prime.
A clear statement for decades! POS does not want to become “rich” from service. Fair cooperation, so that you remain a loyal POS customer and the next machine will be a POS again.
- POS does not only record the time until the service technician arrives at the customer.
Rather, the point in time is measured when the service deployment was successfully completed. Exactly then you can use your machine again. Here, POS needs on average only 36 hours until your machine is up and running again. We do this all over Germany.
- Patented automation solutions from POS.
Often, customer-specific automation that is coupled to machining centers is very costly and thus increases the entrepreneurial risk. A doubling of the investment is not uncommon.
The consequence: The cell “must” run around the clock. It’s not “can” but “must”! Otherwise, the investment does not pay off at all.
Anyone who has ever automated knows that
milling programs must be created and the material must be clamped collision-proof.
This is where many good automation projects fail.
Not with POS: POS offers a very cost-effective – patented – automation solution from its own making. Since the investment is small, you “must” not be automated, but you “can” use automation if it makes sense to do so. At the same time, “this investment does not kill the entrepreneur.”
And all this without space requirements, without CE compliance violation and known work processes.
A must see event!
- Should the POS-own automation solution not fit. Of course, we offer you turnkey automation concepts from a single source, in cooperation with our certified partners.
- We select suitable chip technology, process sequences, specially developed POS automation cycles and much more together with you in order to create an optimum for your environment.
- The motto “everything from a single source” does not stop at the return of your old machine.
Upon request, POS will take back your old machine and you will not have to worry about the issues of warranty, subsequent customer, dismantling and removal and possible disposal. Simply carefree!
- Used POS machines are of course available with the proven POS fidelity guarantee and are therefore safe. Even if you choose a used POS machine.
- Unlike everyone else on the market, POS finances your machines directly.
This means, without banks! Just you and us! No third party. This makes things much easier.
- The financing option offers the possibility of simply suspending the monthly charge completely in times of lower capacity utilization without losing the right to take over.
- The “short-term rental” model allows you to rent machines for a short time. In this case, the machine can easily be returned afterwards. Should you decide to take it over, all rent payed will be credited. No risk in your future!
- You can simply change the machine during the runtime and thus adapt to your order situation.
- We do not need any additional collateral and no balance sheet/BWA. Your word is your bond!
- Very few customers have an environment as required by DIN EN ISO 230.
Air-conditioned, no sunlight, no hall gate that lets cold air into the room at irregular intervals and enough distance to the next machine. Our customers are often (understandably) unable to comply with all these factors. This is why POS offers the possibility of thermally adapting the machine to your environment. And not only in the Z-axis!
We will tell you how to do this during your personal visit to the POS site.
We face up to any comparison
The investment in your next machining centre needs to be well considered. Of course, you can compare different machine manufacturers. And we like to make such a comparison!
The POS machine portfolio
Full equipment is our basic equipment
We already have almost all conceivable options in the standard equipment of our milling machines and lathes. This way, no process-safeguarding elements are omitted. In addition, you can easily add the right automation solution to your machining center even later.